Sunday 22 November 2015

Ministry of Mixology


Well I am FINALLY getting around to blogging my classes from the fab Ministry of Mixology retreat that took place earlier this month. As well as spending quality time with some of my very nearest and dearest friends (and finding some new ones), and drinking quite a lot of prosecco, I also got to enjoy two fantastic classes!


Above is the class I took with the very cool gent that is Andy Skinner; a mixed media altered book using lots of lovely grungy techniques including mega crackle on the background and rust techniques on the cogs. I added a few little details to mine - some metal bits and bobs aged with black gesso and the little bookplate, which I thought made the book a lovely souvenir of a fun weekend!


I also did a gorgeous - and completely different class - with the lovely Michelle Webb. This class was much more out of my comfort zone as it's quite 'painterly' but I really loved it and put my own spin on it with my ombre stencilling (thanks to Paula who's idea that was) and my book page clouds.


SUCH a fab weekend with such talented teachers - hoping to do it all again soon! Roll on Mixology 2016!

Katy x

2 comments: