Thursday 25 June 2015

Tim's Tag - June


Despite my New Year resolution I've been very lax in doing my Tim's Tag this year, but I managed to have a go at June. Sorry if you are getting deja vu - yes it is yet another sea-themed piece. I'll get bored soon and make something different!


My background is a slight variation on Tim's version. I used the method of printing with the stencil - my first print was quite dry - giving the more defined circles you can see. Then I added a fair bit of water and printed again, first rotating the stencil 90 degrees. I didn't ink my tag first as I wanted a cleaner look. I added a strip of sandpaper and distressed/inked the edges as Tim did. My Distress colours are Salty Ocean and Evergreen Bough,

My seahorses and starfish are stamped onto card that I coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Mists. The heart (Finnabair) is coloured with Abandoned Coral ink and the foliage (Tattered Pinecone die) with Peeled Paint ink, I finished it off with a Tattered Banner die cut and Tim Holtz phrase sticker.

Simple tag but I am really pleased with this one,

K xxx




4 comments:

  1. Love your take on Tims tag Katy. ya backgrounds gorgeous n beaut colours - really does give a feel of fresh cool waters - perfect backdrop for ya lovely seahorses . really Fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on an oceany roll! I think your tag is fabulous (and, personally, am partial to projects that tweak his a bit). I've been channeling the sea muses myself so I love that you keep doing these types of thing. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete