Wednesday 23 July 2014

Country View Crafts Guest Designer!


Delighted to be guest designing for Country View Challenges today. The theme is 'Stencil It' which suited me nicely as I've just added a few of Tim's Layering Stencils to my stash.

I used stencils to create my background using the stencil effectively as a stamp (it's a Tim Holtz technique). I inked the stencil direct from the pad using Distress Inks, misted lightly with water and pressed onto inked cardstock. This creates a lovely soft effect. To add detail to the stencilling I replaced the stencil (after cleaning it) over the original impression and applied Treasure Gold into the gaps.


The tag is decorated with my very own Artistic Stamper stamps that I've gently coloured with Distress Inks and a waterbrush. I added finishing touches with pearls and seam binding.

I hope you've enjoyed today - make sure to keep checking back to the Country View blog as there's lots going on throughout July.

Katy x

4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Katy, your stamps are beautiful. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the stencil, it looks great, it's a gorgeous card Katy!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete