Saturday 28 May 2011

Jack and Jill

Been a busy week but I made a little time for playing with my stamps and created this vintage-style card using the Jack and Jill image from the Nanny's Day Off plate.

I've simply coloured the image using one colour of Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) mixed with water to various shades - I was attempting to create the look of old sepia photos - not sure I managed that but I like it anyway!

For the background I dyed a doily using Antique Linen Distress Stain. Jury still out here on Stains but I have to say they worked brilliantly in this instance as the doily is too thin and fiddly to ink well using a blending tool or even direct-to-paper. I finished the card with a pleated strip of lovely Tissue Tape.

Check out a lovely card Kay at Toodles made with the same set here.

6 comments:

  1. Loving your card Katy, especially your lovely stamps. Have a lovely BH weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this back.....there is a heck of a lot of lovelies.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh I love it. What a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image and such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fabulous card, I love the vintage feel with the lace doily and sepia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love the vintage look and feel!

    ReplyDelete