Thursday 4 February 2010

Something you might not know about me...

I thought each week I would post a little something that isn't craft-related as I have lots of hobbies, although crafting takes up most of my time.

You probably don't know that I like to collect decorative items from the 1920s and 1930s. I've been collecting Art Deco since I was about 11 years old, although I've slowed considerably in recent years as I am running about of space to display my goodies!

Here is a recent purchase and I still have to put my own photos into the frames. I love the angular lines on these and even better they were a bargain too.


5 comments:

  1. Oooh these look gorgeous love items with history and a bit of age. I definately love old furniture pieces. HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are these. Now I really like the idea that I'm going to get to know a bit about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of art deco myself ... these are simply gorgeous ... love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love those gorgeous frames.

    Looks like we have something in common. I also collect items from the 20s and 30s. Our living room is a deco haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous, in fact I have seen them before ;) no seriously, my grandmother had a pair of these in her home. I think they were on her mantle piece, but maybe they were in her bedroom...not sure which, but definately the same frames. I loved them then and I still love them today. Hmmm, I wonder whatever happened to them when she passed away?!
    Thanks for sharing your non crafty side of you :)

    ReplyDelete